COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND EVENT RULES
Pitch at the Beach is dedicated to providing an inclusive, harassment-free event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or another protected category.
We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Pitch at the Beach takes violations of our policy seriously and will respond appropriately.
At Pitch at the Beach, we have as a goal to create a safe and positive environment for all our attendees and participants, as well as event staff. We strive to build a community where everyone is welcome. However, all participants of Pitch at the Beach, speakers, attendees, and event staff must abide by the following policy.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
– Offensive verbal language
– Harassment of any kind
– Inappropriate physical contact
– Unwelcome sexual or physical attention
– Physical or cyber threats
– Sexual imagery and language in public spaces
– Disruption of talks, pitches, and other events
In relation to, but not limited to:
– Gender expression
– Sexual orientation
– National origin
– Gender identity
– Body size
– Military status
– Social demographic
Our zero-tolerance policy means that we will thoroughly investigate and review any allegation of violation of our Event Community Guidelines and respond appropriately. To report any behaviour that makes you or others feel
uncomfortable, please let a member of staff know.
Pitch at the Beach reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, any Pitch at the Beach hosted event at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with this policy, and the terms and conditions herein. If a participant breaches these community guidelines, the event organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including
warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund or reimbursement.
The Pitch at the Beach team strive to ensure an inclusive and positive environment for all our participants and attendees, as well as the Pitch at the Beach community in general. We want to have fun! So please be respectful
and abide by the following rules.
1. All attendees, participants and staff must abide by the community guidelines booklet.
2. Pitchers must attend the three days, or the full duration of the event should they wish to pitch. In the event they have already pitched but do not attend the rest of the event, their pitch will not be considered.
3. Please refrain from disrupting the pitches and speakers whilst the event is taking the place.
4. Clean up after yourselves!
5. Deadlines must be respected.
6. Keep hydrated! Look after yourselves!
7. No phones during the conference.
8. Please be on time! We have tight schedules!
9. Most of all… no suits! Comfy clothes and flip flops is what we recommend.